Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Kit
Today is my eight anniversary. My wife and I were married June 30th, 2001, at the Experimental Farms, in a lovely field under a tree. It was a lovely day, and it seems like only a few years ago, not eight.

I met my wife on a bus, coming home from a friend's place, almost nineteen years ago. I met her August 31st, and I recognized her as the most important thing in the world when I saw her. Has it really been so long? It doesn't feel like it, the years pass entirely too quickly, I think.

Today, we may be going out to the nature trail. There's a very light drizzle coming down, so I don't know. Tonight, we're going out for Thai, which isn't normally my preferred choice for food, but I know Cat likes it, and I don't mind it so much if I find something which isn't too spicy. I think it will be nice.

Samantha
My first post here. I don't think I'm gonna get my own Blogger, like I did with LiveJournal.. this thing's called Legion of One for a reason. :> For today being 'that day', I'm not in a bad mood, which is kinda nice. As Kit said, he's been married now for eight years, which means it has been eight years since I've seen my boyfriend. He was invited to the wedding, and came up all the way from Colorado. It was.. sweet. I liked having him around, and it was nice just being close to him. Some day, soon, I hope he'll come up again.. Kit's getting a passport, which means in theory we'd be able to go down and see him in person.. but that's really expensive, and I dunno if we'd ever be able to afford it.

You know, I usually hate 'special days'. I kinda get pushed to the wayside when they happen. Birthdays, Christmas, and today.. these are all days which should be special to me too, but yeah, me and the rest of the gang are kinda 'second fiddle' when it comes to these things. But I guess I'll let things be today, and let Kit have his day without any fuss. Well, beyond what I'm talking about here. ;>

Mark
Just another day for me. And it seems I'm being pushed to say more by Samantha. There's a lot I can say, but I think it should be a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment